Sample Magic has announced the release of Bloq, their début virtual instrument in Kontakt, Ableton Live Rack and Logic Pro EXS24 / Ultrabeat versions.
Featuring 2.6GB of sample data and presented in carefully collated and customised presets, Bloq has been made using some of the most iconic and revered synthesisers and drum machines of all time.
Over a year in the making, Bloq is the results of months of carefully crafted sound design and meticulous sampling by Sample Magic's co-founder Sharooz and his extensive personal archive of vintage instruments.
Drawing from an enviable line of 17 synthesisers and 13 drum machines including the Roland TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, Jupiter 8, Jupiter 6, SH-101, Arp Odyssey, Sequential Circuits Pro-One, Prophet 5, Clavia Nord Lead 4 and Akai MPC 60 to name but a few, every key of every patch was sampled through a variety of high quality preamps at 24-bit resolution via the Prism Orpheus Soundcard.
The samples were further processed with the SSL G-series and DBX 160 compressors, Empirical Labs Distressor, Focusrite ISA430 and Neve 1073 channel strip.
Bloq contains two GUIs complete with retro-styled knocks, switches, LEDs, wooden side panels and a unique fader-style step sequencer.
- Over 7300 unique samples at 24-bit resolution, with every key, velocity, pitch, decay and tone setting of every patch faithfully represented.
- Includes customised Rack for Ableton Live 9 and Logic Pro EXS24 / Ultrabeat version with extensive treatments of every patch as presented in the Kontakt version. With numerous smart macro assignments including filter cutoff, reverb time, delay time, release time and various other commonly used creative control assignments, Bloq pushes compatibility and performance to the limit.
- Drawing on Kontakt's extensive scripting engine, features an expressive 32 step sequencer, 3-band EQ, chord memory functionality, 8 track drum pattern composer with shuffle and randomise controls, powerful FX engine including reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, 3 tempo-syncable LFOs, tremolo, auto-pan, pitch mod, unison voice stacking, multiple hi-pass and low-pass filter types, tape drive, vintage modelled compression and the ability to instantly decimate and bit crush sounds to 12-bit quality.
- Split into two modules, Bloq Drum and Bloq Synth, Bloq Drum allows each pad to be individually treated with transient shaping, ADSR, HPF and LPF filters, FX sends, tuning and the ability to assign each hit to up to 16 separate outputs.
- 97+ synth patches, 35 drum kits and 140 inbuilt unique drum patterns by sound designer, producer and Sample Magic's co-founder Sharooz, showcasing the beast sounds from each kit.
- Lossless audio compression makes switching between patches a breeze, regardless of processing power or RAM.
- Vintage sampler mode allows for instant emulation of the iconic EMU SP1200 12-bit sampling drum machine.
- Customised script programmed by Matt Fudge, creator of the Transistor Revolution Series.
Featured Sampled Instruments
- Roland Jupiter 6.
- Roland Jupiter 8.
- Dave Smith Prophet '08.
- Clavia Nord Lead 3.
- Clavia Nord Lead 4.
- Teenage Engineering OP-1.
- Roland MC-202.
- Roland SH-101.
- Elektron Analog Four.
- Roland TB-303.
- Yahama DX7.
- Korg DW8000.
- Korg Poly 800.
- Korg Poly 61.
- Arp Odyssey.
- Sequential Circuits Pro One.
- Roland Juno 106.
- Roland TR-808.
- Roland TR-909.
- Roland TR-707.
- Roland TR-606.
- Roland TR-626.
- Roland CR-68.
- Sound Master SR 55.
- Nord Drum.
- Sequential Circuits Drumtraks.
- MXR 185.
- EMU Drumulator.
- Akai MPC 60.
- Korg Super Drums.
- 2 x Kontakt instruments.
- 2 x Ableton Live 9 Drum and Synth Racks.
- 1 x EXS-24 instrument.
- 1 x Ultrabeat instrument.
- Bloq requires a working version of Kontakt 5 with either Ableton Live 9 or Logic Pro 10.1.1 as the software is not included in the package.
- Bloq for Ableton requires Live 9
- Bloq for EXS24 requires Logic Pro X.