The cover DVD with issue 103 of Computer Music magazine (Summer 2006) features the full MAGIX Samplitude V8 SE, in a UK-exclusive giveaway worth €49. It comes with an 8-page tutorial in the magazine to get you started, and features:
- 48 tracks, 2 submix buses, 4 aux buses.
- Consistent use of 32-bit floating point processing.
- ASIO, MME, and WDM support.
- Comprehensive real-time audio editor functions.
- Unique object-oriented editing options.
- Batch processing, flexible mixer with variable signal flow.
- ReWire, DirectX and VST plug-in support.
- Automatic latency compensation for Samplitude effects.
- VSTi support, including 8 separate outputs.
- MIDI recording and editing.
- Support for up to 8 I/Os (24-bit/96kHz).
- Mixer automation (volume, pan), 5x undo/redo.
- High-quality effects: Normalize, 4-band parametric EQ, Stereo Enhancer, Amp Simulation, Vocoder, Dehisser, Timestretching/Pitchshifting, Panorama, Dynamics (Compressor, Expander, Noise Gate, Limiter), Reverb, Delay, Resampling, Declipping, Distortion, Noise Reduction, Phase Invert.
Also on this month's CM DVD are 2,190 royalty-free samples, including the massive Mandy Edge Vocal Toolkit. Computer Music 103 is on sale now in the UK.