Sinevibes releases Switch 2.0 gate sequencer for Mac AU
Sinevibes has released Switch 2.0, a Mac Audio Unit plugin specifically designed for rhythmic audio gating. At its heart is a flexible sequencer that runs in tight sync with an audio signal and controls a series of up to 32 gates with variable duty time and smoothness. It's designed to be a simple but versatile effect, capable of applying tremolo, gate, pumping and stutter patterns on any kind of audio material.
Switch displays a live audio waveform and aligns its sequencer graphics with it – exactly in the same way it's done by the sound engine, for WYSIWYG operation. Every element in its user interface is color-coded and features subtle animations, bringing unusual ease of use and interactivity. Plus, all this is rendered on a Mac's graphics adapter meaning no extra load on the main processor, even on oldest hardware.
Switch 2.0 features:
- Sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable duration, division and swing ratio.
- Audio gate with variable duty time, lag and intensity.
- Eight parameter snapshots in each preset, available for realtime switching and automation.
- Host transport synchronization with support for tempo and time signature changes.
- Live input waveform with fluid sequencer graphics that visually match its timing.
- Multiple utility functions for copying, looping and shifting individual sequences or whole snapshots.
- Support for high-resolution Retina screens.
- Works with Intel Macs running OS X 10.6 or later.
Price: $29. Free upgrade for all users that own Switch 1.0.