Sinevibes has announced Malfunction II, a big update for its "circuit-bent filter" Audio Unit plugin for Mac.
Malfunction is a filter with intentionally broken connections and erroneous math that produces very special, hissy and screaming distortion. To tame this dramatic effect the plugin includes a low-pass pre-filter with a booster, as well as an output gate followed by a multi-mode filter. Malfunction also has two versatile tempo-synchronized modulation generators routed into the circuit-bent and the output filters for intricate morphing and pulsations: they feature many different waveforms including our special "broken triangle" and "staircase". Plus, these modulators also offer variable chaos control which gradually adds random, never-repeating accents on each individual waveform cycle.
Changes in v2.0.0:
- Completely new product, redesigned inside and out.
- All-new hardware-accelerated user interface graphics.
- Built-in gate to prevent endless self-oscillation.
- Two freshly developed modulation generators with new "broken triangle" and "broken saw" waveforms.
- Much improved computational efficiency with 2.5x reduced processor load.
Malfunction II features:
- Unique "circuit-bent" filter algorithm producing thick, hissy and screaming distortion.
- Multi-mode state-variable filter with 8 algorithms for detailed output spectrum shaping.
- Two modulation generators with 10 waveforms and variable chaos.
- Transport sync with support for tempo and time signature changes.
- Color-coded controls with lightly animated transitions.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Available as Audio Unit plugin for macOS 10.6 or later (32/64-bit).
Price: $29. Update is free for all existing users.