Sinevibes has released Blend Audio Unit plugin for Mac – a multi-voice chorus comprised of up to 16 separate layers. Each layer is actually a chorus effect on its own – complete with a dedicated modulation generator and a feedback loop. Even with all 16 layers activated, Sinevibes say the the resulting mix is dense yet always silky smooth and musical – thanks to clever proportional phase offsets.
Blend also has three different interpolation algorithms, each giving it a slightly different sound character. And as much as it excels at creating delicious chorus and ensemble effects of many, many styles, Blend's unusual flexibility allows it to easily go into much further territory - so effects like vibrato, tape wow, flanger, dissonance – even reverb – are just a few tweaks away.
- 16 chorus layers each with an individual feedback loop.
- Three selectable interpolation algorithms: vintage, character, modern.
- 16 sine wave modulation generators, one per chorus layer, with proportional phase offsets.
- Variable stereo width and low frequency cut.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64-bit Intel Macs.