Below is a list about the main aspects.
- rewritten with custom API and in latest OpenGL ES standards for performance quality.
- editable sliders, skew factors on frequency related sliders.
- OSC port directly editable on the main panel (Cosmosf v4S only).
- LineGen visuals express the dual universes with colour differences.
- new hybrid oscillator called sawtooth-triangle-sine with balance modulation.
- new plucked synthesis oscillator with different types and can be modulated as well.
- A circular RMS visual output represents the event levels in real time with colour intensity.
- The preset morphing engine is much simpler to use, CPU friendly working on audio rate.
- Heterogeneous mode is discarded, one simply hear a single preset at a time.
More LineGens and LFOs:
- There is 1 more LineGen and LFO dedicated for each micro event and meso event. Likewise one can modulate the new synthesis features sawtooth oscillator morph balance and plucked synthesis type with them.
- The modulation behaviour, hence the combination of LineGen + LFO and the relevant parameter slider on a particular destination are changed and explained on the manual.
Modified surround engine:
- It represents 4chns and 6chns output vbab panning with revised control engine. (on Cosmosƒ v4S only).
- One can generate the spatial distribution of the meso events with mathematical curve functions or stochastic functions on the 2D plane.
- One can also edit the radius and azimuth parameters precisely for each meso event.
- The elevation projection (3D hemisphere spatialisation) will be available in the upcoming Cosmosƒ 4SX ambisonic version with 8chs and 16chns realtime output support.
- OSC and surround sound is supported only on Cosmosf v4S.
- You cannot use your old presets with these new versions.
- All users of Cosmosƒ vSaturn are eligible to receive their free copies.
Pricing & Availability
Cosmosf v4 costs 129€ and Cosmosf v4S costs 169€. The purchase of Cosmosf v4S includes the Cosmosf FX plugin.
A minimum 4GB OS X or Windows computer is needed with i7 processor. Cosmosf plugins come in 64-bit format as AU/VST compatible with OS X and Windows systems.