Fundamental is a sound synthesis software tool, a collaboration of Sinan Bokesoy and Hainbach. It combines the different roots of electronic music history. Its wave engine is a faithful sonic recreation of a vintage Rohde&Schwartz vacuum tube oscillator (having been widely used at WDR by Stockhausen).
Fundamental leaves behind the limitations of the original device by proposing complex modulation possibilities, stochastic distributions addressing the sonic parameters like frequency, gain, stereo panning etc. in continuum, which has not been applicable until now.
- Polymorphing wavetable synthesis without any compromise in data content and precision.
- 4 Dynamic wavetables being rendered for each voice to represent infinitesimal steps of frequency and gain combinations between 1HZ – 3800Hz of the original vacuum tube oscillator.
- 8 Simultaneous voices each with custom freq, gain, boost, panning and modulation settings.
- Custom or harmonic frequency distribution of voices with variable spread ratio and tuning table.
- 4 Independent stochastic modulations for each voice (32 in total) addressing all parameters with various continuous, discrete distributions and also standard waveforms.
- Full MPE support with various configuration possibilities.
- Independent Attack / Release envelopes for each voice with various modes, AR times can be set to degrees of randomness.
- Vintage oscillator or pure sine wave mode.
Price: 13.99 Euros / 12.99USD, the launch discount price is 10.99Euros / 9.99USD until September 16th.
It can be purchased directly on the App Store. Recommended iPad model: A10 processor or higher.