sonicPlanet has announced the release of StarWaves for OS X and iPad, saying:
StarWaves is the embodiment of sound, space and visual design rolled into one. It is a unique sound app for creative minds.
StarWaves gives the sound designer the architect's role by creating dialogues between sound, space and visual elements:
- The sonic material is represented in 3D and can use spatial tools like positioning and rotation in continuous transformations.
- The StarWaves environment is built in a non-gravitational space and physical realm, the kinetic interaction of its elements and triggering of sonic events. Here, the sound has no separate existence from space, time and motion. It is the result of a causal and visual narrative in motion.
- StarWaves uses transmitters sending particles or beams of light to trigger sonic events down to granular level with kinematic precision.
- One can capture different scene organizations and animate continuous sequences / transformations between them.
- StarWaves runs on a realistic 3D visual engine for an ideal narrative medium. Also optional additional scene textures and designs are available.
- Optionally, full control of app parameters with MIDI CC controllers can be gained with also full OSC remote control.
- StarWaves comes with 24 meticulously designed presets (by Laurent Mialon) exemplifying true audio-visual art.
Pricing starts at 10 euros / 10 USD at the Apple App Store. Available for OS X and iPad (Windows version later).
The following videos demonstrate the relevant presets. These are direct recordings from the app.