Cloud Cello is a new take on an old instrument using unlikely bowing materials and techniques to make entirely new sounds that go from huge 'superwave' pads to intimate and delicate solos.
- Two instrument variations - solo & ensemble versions.
- 2GB of 24-bit samples (uncompressed).
- Three octave keyrange - C1 to C4.
- Seven deeply sampled articulations through eight 'oscillators'.
- Accented bow: short bowed note with conventional bow. 5 x round robin per note. Two mic positions- valve condensor and contact mic.
- Col legno: Latin for 'gently thwacked with the back of the bow'. 5 x round robin per note. Two mic positions- valve condensor and contact mic.
- Twine: bowed with 5 meters of coarse garden string. 5 x round robin per note, minimum 20 seconds per sample. Two mic positions- valve condensor and contact mic. Hard-wired to CC11 for expression pedal or MIDI controllers.
- Dark Cloud: Twine recorded 100% wet reverbed through Strymon Big Sky hardware reverb. Playback through Kontakt grain oscillator.
- Pale Cloud: the Dark Cloud recorded 100% wet reverbed through Strymon Big Sky hardware reverb unit, so basically 200% wet.
- Sub Bass: (ensemble only) Moog Voyager sine bass.
- Effects per oscillator: tremolo, vibrato, saturation, pitch selection, pan, lowpass filter, high pass filter, reverb and delay.
- Master output effects: low pass filter, highpass filter, rotor effect, delay, cabinet modelling and EQ.
- Master unison control for up to eight voices per note.
- Velocity to volume amount control.
- Aftertouch to pitchbend amount control.
- Aftertouch to filter light/dark control.
- Advanced architecture with automatable MIDI control of everything on the interface.
- 74 specially created convolution reverb impulses recorded from real spaces, expensive hardware, and some less obvious sources including a Roland Space Echo, Strymon Big Sky and the stage of Glyndebourne Opera House.
- 50 themed instrument presets (.nki's) each with modwheel patch morphing for gazillions of variation.
- Built in instruction manual in RTFM tab.
Full version of Kontakt 4 or above needed.
Usual full price is £35.00. For the 20% off intro offer use code ANTICYCLONE.
More details, demos and video at Sound Dust.