Sound Radix has announced Auto-Align Post 2, an upgrade to their acclaimed and Emmy-awarded Auto-Align Post plug-in. Here's what they say:
Since its introduction in 2018, Auto-Align Post has helped deliver dialogue in countless films and TV shows. It saved dialogue editors days of tedious work and became an essential tool for many audio-post professionals.
By enabling dynamic time-alignment correction of moving location microphones, Auto-Align Post makes it possible to effectively mix the boom and lav microphones by eliminating comb-filtering and phase artifacts caused by the time-of-arrival differences, with just a few clicks.
Auto-Align Post 2 takes a significant step further by introducing a new spectral phase correction module, refined algorithm, and user interface. It brings ARA2-VST3 support for compatible DAWs such as Nuendo and StudioOne, and more.
- Microphones time-alignment of up to ±100ms or distances of up to ~112 feet/~34 meters.
- Spectral Phase Correction Module corrects phase-shift caused by electronic and acoustic filters.
- Dynamic mode enables continuous phase/time correction for moving actors or cameras.
- Static mode enables fixed phase/time correction for stationary microphones.
- Multi-channel support.
- Spectral Phase Correlation Meter.
- Highly optimized for CPU efficiency and operation speed.
- Easy to operate - no manual adjustments required.
What's New in Version 2:
- Spectral Phase Correction Module: In an effort to deliver a clean recording from a location set, a recorder may engage a high-pass filter on the boom mic to filter out low-frequency rumbles such as street or AC noise. However, electronic high-pass filters induce a phase shift to the signal, which can result in a significant loss of low-end and 'body' of the dialogue when mixed with a non-filtered mic. Auto-Align Post's new Spectral Phase Correction module detects and dynamically corrects frequency-dependent phase shifts to achieve significantly improved spectral alignment and richer sound.
- ARA2 Compatibility: Long in the making, Auto-Align Post 2 brings VST3 support for ARA2 compatible DAWs such as Nuendo and Studio One.
- Spectral Correlation Meter [AAX]: Provides a detailed multi-band frequency correlation view.
- Improved Algorithm: Auto-Align Post's core algorithm was further refined to deliver better overall results.
Price: $399. The upgrade price for current owners is $99.