Soundizers has released StereoMonoizer, a simple to use application for Mac OS X (Windows version coming soon) that analyzes audio files and discovers their stereo content, allowing you to convert to the proper format before importing into your DAW.
This is a huge time saver for mix assistants, or engineers working without an assistant. It is also beneficial for producers, artists, or anyone else who works with audio files. A process that used to take an hour or more per song can now be accomplished in minutes.
- Easy drag-and-drop operation for importing files.
- Stereo/Mono Conversion to automatically analyze files and identify "mono audio in stereo files." This allows you to convert these files into true single-channel mono files before importing into your DAW.
- Recognizes all mono sounds in stereo files, including partially panned and hard panned files, and correctly chooses the appropriate channel to output.
- Recognizes split stereo (.L/.R) files and allows conversion to interleaved stereo.
- Innovative stereo waveform view to display the stereo content of the file as part of the waveform. Mono signal is displayed as a grey waveform, while stereo content is displayed as blue. For the first time ever, you can see the stereo content of your entire audio file at a glance.
- User can manually override the algorithm, in case you would like to output a different format than suggested. For example a stereo track consisting of two acoustic guitars panned left and right would be recognized as a stereo file. But you might instead wish to output these as two mono files.
- Pan Depth Compensation to automatically adjust the level of the converted mono files. In the case that your imported files are already pre-mixed and the levels need to remain the same, use this option to compensate for the volume differences due to pan depth settings in your DAW.
- Normalize Gain mode will adjust the gain of each file to a desired level, in the event you receive files that are either too loud or too soft. This alleviates the need to adjust clip gain once in the mix.
- Check For Blank Files will automatically identify files that contain no audio. This can be beneficial, alerting you to problems ahead of time, instead of after you have already imported all your files.
- Multiple output modes allow you to overwrite files, create backups, or choose an output folder. This allows you to work with your files in any way you prefer.
Price: $149 but it's available for the introductory price of $79 for a limited time.