Sounds And Effects has announced the release of The Mandolin for Kontakt and Reason, which, they say, brings the same attention to detail, the audio fidelity and responsiveness of their 'Pure Acoustic Guitars' to the mandolin.
The new instrument includes the following articulations:
- Picked - four velocity layers.
- Fingerstyle -Two different styles, five velocity layers each, round robin switches between the two styles and between finger style and picked (round robin is for Kontakt only).
- Muted notes -Soft and hard.
- Strums -two speeds, hard and soft, also low octave strums.
- Tremolo -three speeds.
- Fret noises and chops - in each preset and mapped below the mandolins low range.
Presets allow for key switches from pretty much any articulation to another, for instance fingerstyle to picked notes, pick to pluck, mute to pick, picked to fast or slow strum, picked or fingerstyle to tremolo, and so on.