SSA Plugins has updated its free Ambisonic encoder for Windows and Mac, expanding the number of formats in which it is available and making cosmetic changes. It has also been renamed (from o1Panner) to a1Panner. This is in order to match the naming convention of other SSA Plugins in the aX Ambisonic Plugin Suites.
The a1Panner is a first order Ambisonic encoder that accepts mono/stereo sources and outputs AmbiX format Ambisonics, say SSA Plugins. With an appropriate decoder, the a1Panner to can place sounds above and below the listener, as well as to the left and right. Its output is compatible with YouTube360 and other VR formats.
The full list of changes is:
- Name change from o1Panner to a1Panner to match the naming convention of the rest of the aX Ambisonic Plugins.
- Unifies the colour scheme with the rest of the a1 Ambisonic Plugins.
- Removes the JUCE splash screen on first open of the plugin during a session.
- Now available as an AudioUnit on Mac.
- 32-bit Windows version now available alongside 64-bit VST.
- Mac VST and AU are now Universal Binary.
For previous downloaders, the update can be downloaded from the My Account page of the SSA Plugins website.