SSA Plugins has announced the release of AAX versions of their Ambisonics plugins, for generating and processing 3D audio for VR/AR applications.
The plugins are now available on Windows as VST (32 & 64-bit) and AAX (64-bit), and Mac as AU, VST and AAX (Universal Binary).
The new AAX versions provide spatial audio encoding, processing and decoding on Ambisonics buses available in Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly | HD).
The plugins are available in three levels of spatial resolution: first-order (a1), third-order (a3) and seventh-order (a7) Ambisonics*.
The full list of plugins available is:
- aXPanner – a mono/stereo encoder to AmbiX format Ambisonics.
- aXMonitor – a decoder to binaural or stereo allowing you to listen to your Ambisonic sound scenes.
- aXRotate – rotate the sound field or attach an EDTracker for head-tracking.
- aXCompressor – a dynamic range compressor specifically designed to preserve the delicate spatial information in Ambisonic signals.
- aXGate – a noise gate and downwards expander specifically designed to preserve the delicate spatial information in Ambisonic signals.
- aXEqualizer – an equalizer for Ambisonic signals.
- aXDelay – a 5 module delay plugin with control over the spatial position of the delayed signals, as well as feedback, level and tempo sync.
A bundle of the full set for a particular Ambisonic order (first, third or seventh) is available with a discount of 30% off the full price.
To mark the release of the AAX versions, all of the plugins are currently on sale with discounts between 20% and 50% until the 31st July, 2018.
* While the a7 plugins run in Pro Tools, due to the Pro Tools | Ultimate bus restriction, they are restricted to third-order processing. Users who use Pro Tools exclusively should not buy the a7 plugins, opting instead for the a3 plugins. .