St3pan0va has released an early alpha version (0.2) of Sp3ctr3, a free FFT-based audio-mangling VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Sp3ctr3 includes the following controls:
- Lo cut - hard cut of lo frequencies.
- Hi cut - hard cut of hi frequencies.
- Blur - spectral blur - basically, degradation and noise.
- Hold - keeps spectral peaks - like reverb on acid but not.
- Harmonic - 0>0.5 removes integer harmonics of the detected fundamental 0.5>1 removes everything else.
- Threshold - cuts low amplitude partials.
- Edges - 0>0.5 removes slow-changing partials (long pure notes) 0.5>1 removes fast-changing partials (hard attack).
- Warp - warps the frequency spectrum.
- Band stop - centre of a hard bandstop filter.
- Band width - width of a hard bandstop filter.
- Delay time, level, feedback - control a standard stereo delay.
- Pan - simple L-R balance control.
- Gain - waveshaping gain, soft lofi distortion (not clipping) if signal peaks.