Subatomic Labs has released a new beta version of Mantis307, the "fat subtractive synthesizer". This beta uses an all new compiler toolchain which adds:
- Both 32- and 64-bit VST2.4 now available for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Version number in the lower right corner.
- Installer overhaul: separate installers for 64- and 32-bit. New art for Mac OS X dmg image. New Mantis icon.
- Upgrade to latest VSTGUI 4.6 from Steinberg.
- Internal tooling upgrade: switch to complete cmake based build, for Mac OS X builds use clang, and for Windows builds, use clang-cl 6.0.0 compiler instead of MSVC 2015 (still uses MSVC 2015 artifacts to compile against). We can now build the whole product for all platforms with a single command line command, no Xcode or VisualStudio GUIs needed at all. This will help us iterate faster on compatibility testing for you, making releases less painful, etc.
- Tested in Ableton Live 8 and 10 (Win/Mac), FL Studio 20 (Mac), MiniHost modular 1.5.7 64-bit (Mac), VSTLord (Mac) and SAVIHost (Win). Please report whether others work.
Next work Subatomic Labs are planning for Mantis307 v2.0.0 will be to support VST3 - feedback is appreciated to gauge interest in this.
Given the large potential impact of this change, this release is Beta - submit feedback and bug reports and Subatomic Labs say they will address them quickly.