Mantis307 features "killer" unison and distortion, as well as constant time-slide ("portamento done right"). In addition, sync, mono and polyphonic modes, keyboard tracking, and 3 envelope curve types, and much more. All with a low CPU footprint that lets you layer many mantis sounds without breaking a sweat.
- 2 oscillators per voice - Saw, Sqr, Tri, Sin, Pink/White noise.
- 1 sub-oscillator per voice for extra fat basslines.
- Hard sync, hidden sync oscillators give each main osc its own hard-sync sound.
- Trigger sync, restart each oscillator for each new note.
- Detune, with detune copy/paste quick buttons.
- Oscillator mix.
- Unison modes - mono, stereo, or chorus modes adds 1, 2, or 5x the voices.
- Unison detune, 2 different detune styles, "dirty", and "clean".
- Smart voice allocation:
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes.
- Aggressive constant time slide.
- Polyphony limiter - take control over CPU usage.
- Legato mono-mode (polyphony == 1) enables constant time slide, skips attack phase of envelope.
- Legato poly-mode (polyphony > 1) true legato, skips attack phase of envelope.
- 3 envelope shapes - linear + 2 different curves.
- Amplitude ADSR.
- Filter ADSR with Amount and Velocity sensitivity.
- 4 pole moog style filter with cutoff and resonance, can self resonate, cutoff is envelope controlled.
- Keyboard Tracking of the cutoff parameter (3 modes off, normal, bright).
- Distortion unit:
- Wet/dry mix.
- 3 types, Tube, Thin, Hard-clip.
- Volume Output Level.
- Preset Manager featuring many built in presets with save/load and rename functions.
- Low CPU footprint lets you layer many mantis sounds.
Pricing & Availability
Mantis is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in. It comes as a free unlimited Demo/Trial version (with polite nag screen) and costs $20 to get rid of the nag screen.