THEPHONOLOOP has released Cassette Mallets.01, a collection of 3 bell / mallet instruments recorded on a cassette with an old and wonky recorder. Each instrument from this library is a mixture of physical modeling & FM synthesis with a range of E2 to E6 and 3 velocity layers which were designed from the ground-up for playability range.
The GUI is designed to be simple and almost synth-like, and to be easy and fun to work with. Every instrument has editable "sample start" parameter (controlled with the GUI or Mod Wheel), so a user could get rid of the initial transients while designing their own sound. There's a "-12" switch added to the GUI that transposes every instrument down by octave.
- 511 MB of samples (271 MB after lossless Kontakt compression).
- 3 instruments.
- 49 keys range.
- 442 samples in total (147 per instrument + 1 noise sample).
- 3 velocity layers per instrument.
- Editable "Sample Start" parameter.
- Octave down switch.
- Simulated round-robin.
- REV (reverse) mode.
- Mono mode.
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design.
- 31 presets.
Price: €21.00. Full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 (or higher) is required - you can load this instrument in Kontakt Player but it'll work only for limited time.