THEPHONOLOOP has released Cassette Mallets.02, a successor of Cassette Mallets.01 which further explores the sound of experimental mallet instruments with different sounds, more decks to choose from and the .02 interface. Like in the case of Cassette Keys .01 and .02, both of those instrument libraries complement each other.
Cassette Mallets.02 contains three instruments, each one covering a different sound territory:
- Sound 01 is a mix of old glockenspiel plates recorded on a thin steel plate.
- Sound 02 is a 2 octave xylophone mixed with some corrugated sheet resonances.
- Sound 03 is a mix of the same xylophone, but recorded using three mallets attached to an old bed mattress spring with a copper wire to create a random, 'granular' pattern.
All three sounds are also spiced up with additional synthesis techniques for a fuller sound and to widen their range on a keyboard.
Both Sound 01 and Sound 02 contain 5 dynamic layers, while Sound 03 contains 4 dynamic layers - all sounds were recorded using 3 different cassette decks. Overall, there are 2565 samples - 305 samples per deck for Sound 01 and Sound 02, and 244 samples per deck for Sound 03, plus there are also 3 noise samples from each deck (1,63 GB of uncompressed 24-bit WAV files).
Prices (without VAT):
- Kontakt version: €21.00.
- Ableton Live version: €21.00.
- Logic version: €16.00.
- SFZ version: €16.00.
- Multiformat version: €28.00.