Tone2 has announced the release of Gladiator, its powerful new synthesizer based on Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) Synthesis. This new synthesis method is based on a large and expandable repertoire of standard waves like pulse, unique synthetic waveforms as well as resynthesis waves like trumpets, organs, pianos and voice samples. These waves can be modified in real-time by, for example, FM modulation, altering its harmonic structure, syncing, waveshaping, etc. Any modification of a wave can be modulated producing lively shimmery sounds (with only one oscillator). In total there are more than 30,000 different spectra available for combination and modulation.
For example, you can take a Hammond organ, FM modulate the organ with a sawtooth, create a hypersaw and amplitude modulate this signal with a BPM synced vocoder drumline.
- High-end sound quality: Analog, warm, transparent and fat.
- Huge sonic range: From classic to unique science fiction.
- Low CPU.
- Flexibility and expandability.
- 750 professional sounds from Vengeance and others.
- Available for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary in VST 2.4 and Audio Units formats.
- Advanced HCM.
- PWM (can be applied on every waveform).
- Phase modulation / PM.
- Vocoder sounds (512 bands).
- Supersaw (can be applied on every waveform).
- Additive sounds (512 harmonics).
- Resynthesis sounds.
- Phase distortion.
- Sample playback.
- Real stereo.
- 18 oscillators per voice.
- 74 different oscillator types with 30208 waveforms.
- Additional user defined waveforms with modifiers.
- Alias-free / 162x oversampling (sample playback).
- Modular routing.
Filters and effects:
- 40 different filters (Analog, vocal, comb, elliptic, phaser, lowpass, highpass, bandpass, notch, EQ, etc.).
- 20 different effects.
- 7 distortion types.
- Programmable arpeggiator, step LFO and trancegate.
- BPM syncable.
- IQM for clearer chords (intelligent microtuning).
- 4x stereo unison.
Gladiator costs €149 / $199 and is available for Windows (VST 2.4) now. The Mac OS X Universal Binary (VST 2.4 & Audio Units) will be available before Christmas.