Universal Audio has announced the web release of v4.9 software for the UAD Family of DSP Card's & Powered Plug-Ins. Version 4.9 includes 14-day fully functional demos of both the new SPL Transient Designer and the new Precision Buss Compressor; a classic center-console mix compressor. Registered UAD customers can purchase full authorizations of each plug-in for $199. For a limited-time, the new plug-ins will be eligible for discounts via the UA coupons issued to existing UAD users as part of the current store promotion at my.uaudio.com, which expires at the end of December 2007.
Key SPL Transient Designer Features:
- UA modeled, SPL authorized and endorsed AU/VST/RTAS plug-in version of Transient Designer's unique Differential Envelope Technology.
- Increase or decrease the transients of percussive sources for greater impact, or a softened response.
- Sustain of sources can be transparently shortened or increased for increased musicality.
- Reduces or increases room sound or preexisting reverb on virtually any source.
- Highly useful as a gate substitute, a transparent tool for minimizing mic bleed.
- Versatile mix tool endorsed by world's finest professional engineers.
The Precision Buss Compressor is a dual-VCA-type dynamic processor that yields modern, transparent gain reduction characteristics. It is specifically designed to "glue" mix elements together for that cohesive and polished sound typical of master section console compressors.
Key Precision Buss Compressor Features:
- Modern and easy-to-use single-band gain control for busses and inserts.
- Transparent, large-format center-console-type dynamics control.
- Auto release for transparent buss compression on a wide variety of sources.
- Automatic Fade in or out, with a range of 1 to 60 seconds.
- Mix control allows blending of wet and dry signals.