Toontrack has released Pop Punk EZX, a new sound library expansion for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 featuring drums recorded by engineer/producer John Feldmann, and Pop Punk MIDI pack, a collection of drum MIDI grooves capturing the fundamentals of the pop punk genre.
Pop Punk EZX was recorded at the personal studio of John Feldmann, a Los Angeles-based producer/engineer/mixer who's had a monumental impact on the last couple of decades of popular music. The EZX includes three full kits, all capturing that larger-than-life and all-American radio-friendly sound of the commercial and hook-driven pop punk music that has been a mainstay since acts like Blink-182, Simple Plan and Green Day broke onto the scene around the turn of the millennium.
- Produced/engineered by John Feldmann (Good Charlotte, Blink-182, 5 Seconds of Summer).
- Recorded at Feldmann's personal studio.
- Three full kits (SJC Custom and Tour series, Orange County D&P).
- Mixed using samples from John's personal collection.
- Seven snare variations, four kicks and 12 cymbals.
- 15 custom presets engineered by John Feldmann as well as an additional 11 engineered by Toontrack.
- All presets also available with a "No Bus FX" option, designed for multi-out purposes.
- A collection of MIDI drum grooves included.
Pop Punk MIDI pack is a no-holds-barred collection of slick, tight and classy drumming that encompasses the entire range of what pop punk was, is and will be.
- Drum MIDI grooves and fills inspired by the pop punk genre.
- Performed by session drummer.
- More than 400 individually played files.
- 4/4 in straight and/or swing feel with tempos ranging from 116 BPM to 204 BPM.
- Artists used for reference: Blink-182, Goldfinger, Sum 41, All Time Low, The Offspring, Panic. at the Disco, Paramore, Fall Out Boy and more.
- Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge and fills sections.