Affectionately known as "Monster from the Deep" at u-he headquarters, Bazille is a large modular system combining digital oscillators with analogue-style filters and modelled effects, with a flexibility that only modular patching can provide. After the much smaller ACE (Any Cable Everywhere), Bazille is the second spawn of u-he's ongoing Berlin Modular project.
The price is $129 (plus VAT in EU) but it's available now for 89$ (30% off) until October 15th, 2014.
- Multichannel MIDI support (for note expression).
- User interface zoom in 10% steps.
- 4 digital oscillators with simultaneous FM (frequency modulation), PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance).
- 4 multimode analogue type filters with up to 6 parallel outputs each (4 x lowpass, bandpass, highpass).
- 4 built in effects:
- Stereo delay with feedback filters.
- Tube and transistor style distortion.
- Two classic phaser models.
- Realistic spring reverb with shake effect.
- 2 LFOs with 3 parallel outputs each.
- 4 ADS (S) R type envelope generators.
- Signal processors: Inverter, rectifier, sample & hold, lag generators and quantizer.
- 2 mapping generators (waveshapers) with a variety of drawing tools and controls.
- Morphing sequencer: 8 slots of up to 16 steps, divisible into smaller units via the 4 taps.
- 2 ramp generators.
- 4 "multiplex" modules for signal mixing, ring modulation, amp modulation etc.
- Pink and white noise.
- Comprehensive tuning and portamento controls.
- Multiple voice stacking, with individual detuning up to +/- 2 octaves.
- Single-page alternative skin included.
- Microtuning support (.tun files).
- Over 1700 presets.
- ...and much more.
Bazille is available for purchase and download at u-he's website.