Universal Audio has introduced the Apollo X Series of Thunderbolt 3 rackmount audio interfaces. Featuring all-new, "elite-class" A/D and D/A conversion and HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-ins in real time, the Apollo X range is further distinguished by its ability to run Unison mic preamp models from Neve, Manley, API, Helios, and SSL, plus selectable +24 dBu operating levels, and comprehensive Surround Sound monitoring support for 5.1 and 7.1 formats.
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available from UAD.
- HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
- Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using UAD's Unison technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p).
- Switchable +24 / +20 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment.
- Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold‑down.
- Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes.
- Included "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more.
Apollo | x16 — $3,499
The flagship Apollo x16 boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB) of any UAD Thunderbolt audio interface on the market. This 18 x 20 interface is a solution for commercial studios, mix rooms, and post-production facilities.
Apollo | x8p — $2,999
Apollo x8p features eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, allowing producers and engineers to track drums and larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, and more, with 129 dB dynamic range and switchable +24 dBu headroom settings.
Apollo | x8 — $2,499
Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, designed to make it a studio centerpiece for music producers, project, and post-production studios. Apollo x8 provides elite-class 129 dB dynamic range, switchable +24 dBu operation, and 18 x 24 connectivity.
Apollo | x6 — $1,999
Apollo x6 is intended to be ideal for electronic music producers and post-production studios, featuring two Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs, 129 dB dynamic range, 5.1 Surround support, and 16 x 22 connectivity.