Universal Audio has released UAD Software v9.9 featuring the Capitol Chambers plug-in, a plug-in emulation of Capitol Studios' iconic underground echo chambers, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
The subterranean echo chambers at Capitol Studios were designed by recording pioneer Les Paul. Known for their smooth response and lengthy decay times, these chambers have graced thousands of hits — from Ray Charles to Frank Sinatra, Beck to Muse.
In crafting the Capitol Chambers plug-in, UA were granted access to Capitol's four most popular chambers, 30-feet beneath the studio, and used historic technical diagrams from the early '60s to recreate the exact microphone and speaker/horn arrangements. New and creative mic/speaker combos were also devised by UA and Capitol's chief engineer, Steve Genewick.
Harnessing the same technology as the Ocean Way Studios plug-in, Capitol Chambers uses UA's proprietary Dynamic Room Modeling technology, an exclusive combination of physical modeling and advanced measurement techniques, letting the user reposition the mics within the chamber for next-level ambience control.
Capitol Chambers Plug-In Key Features:
- Precisely modeled emulation of Capitol Studios' historic echo chambers, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.
- Licensed and endorsed by Capitol Studios with mic/speaker setups curated by Capitol's Steve Genewick.
- Dynamic Room Modeling allows users to create new sounds by repositioning chamber microphones.
- Access the chamber's entire signal chain including amplifiers, speakers, custom preamps, and mics.
- Presets from legendary Grammy-winning engineers Al Schmitt (Ray Charles, Steely Dan), Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead), Frank Filipetti (Madonna, Paul McCartney) and more.
- Other features include adjustable Decay, Pre Delay, sweepable low-cut filter, three-band EQ, Dry/Wet mix, and Width.
Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII Compressor — $299 ($99 for current Tube-Tech CL 1B owners)
Developed by Softube, the Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII is an updated emulation of a modern classic opto compressor, fully authenticated by Tube-Tech, Denmark. A go-to vocal compressor for major pop, R&B, and hip-hop artists from Kanye to Jennifer Lopez and more, the new CL 1B MkII adds Sidechain Low Cut and Parallel Compression controls, as well as updated hi-res graphics.
Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII Compressor Plug-In Key Features:
- An updated emulation of a modern classic compressor, fully authenticated by Tube-Tech, Denmark.
- Optical tube compression with a modern sound and reimagined features.
- New Sidechain Low Cut and Parallel Compression controls.
- Updated hi-res graphics for 4K and Ultra HD screens.
Version 9.9.0 Release Notes:
- New UAD-2 Plug-In from Universal Audio:
- Capitol Chambers.
- New UAD-2 Plug-In from Direct Development Partner:
- Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII (Softube).
- Other Enhancements and Changes:
- (Console) Channel Input Labels are saved within Console session files.
- (Console) Channel Show/Hide status is saved within Console session files.
- (Console) Improved stability when loading sessions under certain conditions.
- (SSL G) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (API Vision) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (Neve 88RS) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (Korg SDD-3000) High resolution graphics for macOS Retina displays.
- (API Vision) Individual module power LEDs de-illuminate when plug-in is disabled.
- (SSL G) Fixed shift+click FADE button to quickly return fade attenuation to 0 dB.