Universal Audio has released UAD Software v9.12, featuring the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug‑in — a precise emulation of the coveted British channel module that combines the Neve sound with extended EQ and Unison preamp integration with Apollo interfaces.
The Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ is the engine powering a handful of sought‑after Neve 80 series consoles. Introduced on the heels of the coveted Neve 1073, this rare "upsell" module features the same class‑A mic/line preamp as the 1073 with the addition of three switchable EQ bands and narrow or wide Q settings.
Fully endorsed by AMS Neve, and available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug‑in captures the luxurious analog character and extended EQ colors of the quintessential British channel module.
Mark Crabtree (Founder, AMS Neve):
We are excited for the next chapter in our 15 year partnership with Universal Audio. The 1084 holds a special place in the imagination of engineers and producers, and we are thrilled for its introduction to the UAD platform.
Universal Audio says:
By emulating the entire dual-stage class‑A "Red Knob" preamp, EQ circuit, and post-fader output amplifier, the Neve 1084 plug-in gives users quality Neve sonics with added tone shaping and versatility. Plus, harnessing UA's Unison Technology, the Neve 1084 plug-in lends authentic front-end punch of the original Neve module with bi-directional control of your Apollo interface's mic preamps.
Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ ($299) — Key Features:
- Authentic plug-in emulation of classic Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ.
- Versatile EQ options for use on vocals, drums, synths, guitars, and more.
- Classic Neve tone — includes all 13 clipping points from the vintage 70's-era hardware.
- Extended EQ — inject "air" or notch out frequencies with EQ filters beyond the 1073.
- Faithful class-A preamp character of the original hardware.
- Dual-stage mic preamp with Unison technology.
- Mix with artist presets from Darrell Thorp, Jimmy Douglass, Joe Chiccarelli, and more.
Other Enhancements and Changes in UAD Software v9.12:
- (Neve 1073) Click zones added for stepped EQ frequency controls.
- (Neve 1073) Pad setting now always matches hardware when in Unison insert.
- (Capitol Chambers) Improved response time of chamber animation graphics.
- (Capitol Chambers) Improved leveling when mics and chambers changed at minimum position.
- (Manley Massive Passive) Resolved knob graphic flickering issues on mono tracks.
- (Ocean Way Studios) Improved high-frequency response at sample rates of 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz.
- (UAD) Noise now defaults to OFF for Studer A800, Ampex ATR-102, Lexicon 224.
- (Apollo) Multi-unit sessions with same device types now always load in correct order.
- (Apollo Windows) New Console Isolate feature for persistent input monitoring.
- (Apollo Windows Thunderbolt & USB) MONO button now level compensated by -6 dB.
- (Apollo) Unison Gain Stage Mode indications are now outlines instead of dots with UA-developed plug-ins.
- (Console) Pressing spacebar with Console application in foreground now starts/stops the LUNA transport.
- (Console) Resolved crash issues with Remove All command and shift-dragging plug-ins.
- (Windows) Resolved issue causing some UAD plug-ins to display a blank window.
- (LUNA) UAD Software Installer now automatically quits LUNA if open.
- (macOS) High resolution Retina display graphics for:
- UAD API 560.
- UAD API 550A.
- UAD AKG BX20.
- UAD Manley Massive Passive.
- UAD Manley Massive Passive Mastering.