VirSyn has announced the release of Bark - a new multi-band filter plug-in that attempts to match the reception characteristics of the final destination of all sound: the ear. The ear behaves as if it contains a bank of filters, each filter passing frequencies within the critical band. In fact, the human ear also has its own built in compression system which is based on the critical bands. Consequently Bark incorporates an independent compression algorithm for each of its 27 bands.
- 27 Bark band Equalizer/Compressor.
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency.
- +24 / -48 dB gain change rate per band.
- Surround operation with channel link/unlink (only available in AU / RTAS / VST3 versions).
- Minimized latency (12 ms).
- Real time pre/post processing spectrum display.
- Compression parameters overall and per band.
Priced at €169, Bark is available in VST 2.4, VST 3, AudioUnit and RTAS plug-in formats. A fully functional/time limited demo version is available.
BARK introductory offer
From now until June 30th, 2008 you can buy Bark for the introductory price of €99 instead of €169.
Take Five FX introductory offer
Virsyn's new Take Five FX bundle contains its five fx plugins: Bark, Matrix, Reflect, TDesign and VTape. If you buy Take Five FX before July 31st, 2008 you will get VirSyn's next FX product for free.