Wave Arts has announced the release of the Master Restoration Suite, a comprehensive set of restoration plug-ins for cleaning up tape, vinyl, and acoustic recordings.
The MR Suite consists of 5 plug-ins:
- MR Noise: powerful broadband noise reduction.
- MR Click: click/pop removal and crackle/scratch removal.
- MR Hum: hum removal, buzz removal, brickwall filters, and spectrum display.
- MR Gate: noise gate.
- Master Restoration: all-in-one plug-in.
MR Noise is a sophisticated broadband noise reduction processor. Key features:
- Great sounding with minimal artifacts.
- Very easy to use.
- Low latency (under 20 msec) noise reduction can be used in live situations.
- Fast noise floor learning time (down to 50 msec), hence noise looping is not required.
- Auto dynamics mode keeps transients sharp while avoiding squirrelly artifacts.
- Monitor feature to hear removed noise.
- Comprehensive display shows spectrum of input signal, output signal and noise floor.
- Parameters can be edited as function of frequency.
MR Click combines click and crackle filtering for cleanup of phonograph recordings or other impulsive contamination. Key features:
- Separate algorithms optimized for removing clicks/pops and crackles/scratches.
- Sophisticated detection algorithms for clicks and crackle focus processing on contaminating events.
- Onset detection allows crackle processing to bypass onset events, keeping attacks bright.
- Monitoring feature for hearing eliminated clicks and crackle.
- Comprehensive stereo display of signal level, clicks, crackle, and onset events.
MR Hum combines hum removal, buzz removal, brickwall filtering, and spectrum analysis into one easy to use plug-in. Key features:
- Hum removal using from 1 to 10 harmonic notch filters.
- Buzz removal for frequencies from 20 Hz to 200 Hz.
- High resolution spectrum analysis display.
- Adjustable frequencies and notch widths.
- Brickwall filtering for rumble and hiss removal.
- All sections can be monitored to hear removed signal.
MR Gate is a full featured expander/gate that can be used to gate noise during quiet sections. Key features:
- Adjustable lookahead.
- Comprehensive metering.
- Dynamic display shows recent history of input and gain levels.
- Monitor allows you to hear gated signal.
Master Restoration combines the functions of MR Hum, MR Click, MR Noise, and MR Gate into one convenient "all-in-one" restoration plug-in. Master Restoration is only available as part of the Master Restoration Suite. Master Restoration has all the features of the individual plug-ins plus:
- Presets for each section are automatically shared with individual plug-ins.
- Monitor option allows you to hear a mix of the removed signal from multiple sections.
- Display can be switched between sections.
Sold as a bundle, the Master Restoration Suite has an MSRP of $499.95 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary in VST, AU, DX, RTAS and MAS plug-in formats.
MR Hum, MR Click and MR Gate can be purchased individually for $99.95 each; MR Noise can be purchased for $349.95. Master Restoration is only available in the full Master Restoration Suite bundle.