This instrument is designed for creating dark and doomy soundscapes and creepy atmosphere. The Ferrophone library is intended to be a sound design tool for horror or science fiction themed projects.
The signature sound of the Ferrophone comes from two nails scraping two rotating discs. One moment the Ferrophone can ring very high, quite fragile and small, the next moment it morphs into something rough and big that it may remind a user of a scene on a construction site.
- 740 MB of precisely recorded Ferrophone samples.
- 17 snapshots:
- 11 Snapshots optimised for Ferrophone's discs rotated by motors.
- 6 Snapshots optimised for bowed playing of Ferrophone's discs.
- All samples recorded at 44.1 kHz, 24-bit.
- A library full of metallic horror sound design potential.
Price: $30.00 / €25.00 / £22.00. There is an introductory discount of 15%: $25.50 / €21.25 / £18.70 until October 13, 2016.
The installation size of the library is approximately 600 MB using lossless .ncw compression. The Ferrophone instrument requires full version of Kontakt 5 (≥5.5.2)
Ferrophone demo tracks: soundcloud.com/wobblophones/sets/ferrophone