Zynewave has updated Podium to v1.66.
Recent changes include:
- Introduced a new Project Start Page which simplifies the creation of new projects.
- Updated the Podium UI with a new brushed metal texture. The texture will adjust to the selected color scheme.
- Stickie notes can now also be attached to tracks. Hovering the mouse over a stickie note button will show a popup of the note.
- The registered version of Podium comes bundled with a beta version of the new zReverb VST 2.4 plugin. The reverb allows individual placement of stereo or dual mono input sources and a stereo microphone within a room enclosure. Room dimensions, wall reflections, damping and delay times of the diffusion module can be adjusted. The plugin uses 64-bit double precision when the engine is running in 64-bit mode.
- Speed optimized audio streaming in the engine to give up to 10% CPU performance boost when working with large numbers of audio channels and plugins. Podium will use SSE optimized code in the engine if it detects that SSE is supported by the CPU.
- Speed optimized sound file streaming. Extended the CPU indicator to also show a percentage for sound file read/write access.
- The supported size of standard Wave files is extended from 2GB to 4GB. Saving sounds that require more than 4GB file sizes will use the RF64 Wave file extension format.
- Plugin banks can now be stored automatically on the tracks without using library presets.
- Added Name and Load buttons to the preset panel for fast access to VST preset and bank files.
- Various minor improvements and bug-fixes.
- The Zynewave website has been redesigned and a new Wiki user section is added.