AmpKit is a guitar amps, effects and recording app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- Dual-stage Amp Simulation.
- Convolution-based Cabinet Simulation: Advanced technology (used in high-end desktop amp simulation software) for highly accurate cabinet simulations.
- Adaptive Input Compensation: : Intelligently restores the bass frequencies lost through the headset circuitry on various iOS devices. The result: an increase in the fidelity of the incoming guitar signal, and richer amplified tone, regardless of amp and playing style.
- Solo & Mix Output Shaping: Toggle between Solo mode, which pumps up bass frequencies for the best possible tone when practicing and playing for fun, and Mix mode, which gives a brighter tone.
- Noise Gate.
- Multitasking Support / Background Audio: AmpKit can keep operating and produce audio when running in the background - perfect for looking at scrolling tab notation in TabToolkit while continuing to play an AmpKit setup.
- Recording Session Mix Down: Mix a wet guitar recording with its backing track. Repeat the process to mix in additional guitar tracks.
- Effects Only Mode: In AmpKit 1.2, Turn off amp and cabinet modeling, and create setups with just effects pedals. Use AmpKit as an effects processor connected to a guitar or bass amp.
- Effects After The Cab: In addition to positioning effects such as delay and reverb after the amp, thge user can position effects after the cabinet - total control to place effects virtually anywhere, including places where physical effects pedals could never go.
- Feedback Protection: AmpKit offers the full-strength, high-gain amps and pedals demanded by metal and other high-gain enthusiasts. Just as with real amplifiers, high-gain play in AmpKit brings the potential of feedback, especially when using guitar interfaces that, unlike AmpKit LiNK, have a high level of crosstalk.