Big Blue Limiter is a character limiter. It is neither transparent nor intended to be. In fact it adds a little mojo to everything you run through it, if desired even when no limiting is taking place. Big Blue Limiter uses analog tube modelling in its limiting circuitry, which makes any limited warmer and fatter by adding a pleasing amount of coloration. And as if that weren't enough it also features an independent preamp that just loves to be overdriven.
With its versatile sound, intuitive interface, easy operation, and negligible CPU load Big Blue Limiter feels equally at home during a mix session and a mastering session.
- Variable-knee limiting with proprietary tube modelling.
- Separate preamp section for extra overdrive.
- User-adjustable latency from 0.01 to 5ms (6 to 440 samples @ 44.1kHz).
- A/B compare mode with automatic level compensation.
- Low CPU load.
- Support for sample rates up to 384kHz.
- Full parameter automation.
- Native 32 and 64-bit versions (Windows).