|Developer||de la Mancha|
|Type / Tags||Dynamics (Compressor / Limiter)Mastering|
ClipStar is a soft clipper effect plug-in designed to prevent peaks in a subtler way than hard clipping, increase loudness and add pleasing saturation.
Where ClipStar differs from other clippers is that it can leave the low frequencies untouched, where distortion is more evident, and allow a greater boost in gain without noticeably degrading the signal.
You can use ClipStar for peak protection, for loudness gain or for sympathetic distortion depending on your mood and the phase of the moon.
- Vintage style soft clipper with low frequency bypass and comprehensive metering.
- In gain & Out gain adjustable to +/- 30 dB.
- Soft clip limit can be set from 0 to -30 dB.
- Low frequency bypass cut off from 0 to 1000 Hz.
- Low frequency gain can be adjusted from +/- 30 dB.
- Subtle colouring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation and noise.
- Optional hard limiting on final output.
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels.
- Adjustable peak meter hold time.
- Double-click knob resets.
- Developed with SE 1.1.