|Type / Tags||Delay / Echo|
Emulation of Robert Fripp's tape delay effect "Frippertronics": two Revox B-77 in continuous loop. This XL version supposes a complete rewrite of the old Elottronix, and adds a ton of new possibilities:
- Two independent routable delay lines, with a maximum delay time of 80 seconds. Tempo can be synced to host BPM.
- LFO controlled Pan per delay line, with definable Bar Divisions, Pitch and Waveform.
- Two global Pan modes: normal and inverted.
- Rehearsal option: when switched ON, the incoming signal doesn't pass through the delay lines, so you can try different things before inserting them into the loop.
- Biquad-X multimode filter per delay line. This advanced filter has 9 different modes: Low Pass, High Pass, Low Shelf, High Shelf, All Pass, Band Reject, Band Pass CSG, Band PassC0PK and Peak. Optional parameters to control are Gain, Cutoff and Q.
- Tape machine: this module generates tape hiss, which can be pitched up and down.
- Completely automatable via MIDI CC.
- Moderate CPU use (-8% Athlon XP 2400+).
- Includes 8 Presets to give an idea of the effect (4 for sends, 4 for inserts). But what Elottronix XL does can't be covered with presets as you'll discover.