|Type / Tags|
Extra Boy is designed primarily for removing vocals from stereo audio files. However, the versatility available may lend itself to other uses as this is no ordinary vocal remover. Extra Boy incorporates two completely different algorithms for vocal removal - choose whichever suits your material best or combine both.
- High quality vocal removal or isolation with maximum stereo field preservation.
- Mode 1 - Spectral based vocal removal algorithm utilizing the "Stereolize" correction process (Elevayta proprietary).
- Mode 2 - Spatial based vocal removal utilizing the "Spreadilate" algorithm (Elevayta proprietary).
- Hi-Res Mode.
- All parameters can be fully automated.
- Choose between either mode or combine.
Reviewed By DaveL60
January 12, 2006
GUI: It's fine. It's straight forward, and gets the job done. I'm not entirely sure it was worth spreading the controls over two tabs, but what the heck.
Sound: When using it for vocal removal, there are some artifacts left but they're minor and livable, especially after some tweaking of the controls, which let you tune the effect quite a bit. Meanwhile the sound of the music left behind is excellent.
Documentation: Needs some. Not a lot, but some. Right now there's not much info on what any control does. The sliders are mostly pretty obvious, but the buttons aren't always.
Presets: There are a number of buttons that give you different modes of operation, but I'm not sure I'd call them presets. It's adequate.
Customer Support: No idea. Haven't needed it. So, I put in a 7 but don't take it seriously. It may well ought to be a 10.
Value: It's grrrrrrreat! It's free and it works well. Not clear I have a need for the "Pro" version, but that appears to be priced reasonably. I may well make a donation for this one.
Stability: Seems fine. Haven't torture tested it, but it's not that kind of thing, now, is it.Read more