|Product||FullTec Program EQ|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
URS FullTec Program EQ is a 5 Band Program EQ.
- One band that digitally recreates the Pulteq EQP-1's low frequency shelving with simultaneous boost and attenuation.
- Three bands of peak equalization that digitally recreates the midrange boost and attenuation of the Pultec MEQ-5 and the high frequency boost of the Pultec EQP-1a. Each peak EQ band has it's own bandwidth Q control.
- The fifth band features high frequency shelving with simultaneous boost and attenuation.
- Number of Bands: Five.
- Low band shelving boost 17.5db at 20hz, 30hz, 60hz and 100hz.
- Low Band shelving attenuation 13.5db at 20hz, 30hz, 60hz. 80hz and 100hz.
- 3 bands peak equalization with Variable Bandwidth Q for each band.
- Peak band frequency centers: 100hz, 200hz, 300hz, 500hz, 700hz, 1k, 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 8k, 10k, 12k 14k and 16k.
- 18db Peak Filter Boost variable to .1db.
- 16db Peak Filter Attenuation variable to .1db.
- Simultaneous cut and boost for Low and High shelving EQ bands.
- High Freq shelving boost 17.5db at 5k, 8k, 10k, 12k, 14k, 16k and, 20k.
- High Freq shelving attenuation 13.5db at 5k, 8k, 10k, 12k, 14k, 16k and, 20k.
- Phase reverse switch.
- In /Out Bypass switch.
- Numeric Entry/Display Windows for each band and Input/Output trim gains.
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters.
- Input Line Trim -12db to +4db variable to .1db.
Reviewed By multree
January 10, 2006
I recently started using pro tools again since all my VST hosts were lacking in one or more respect (be it stability, reliability or recording features). with my upgrade to Pro Tools 7 came the Pultec Bundle from Bomb Factory ("hey isn't this about the URS FullTec!" - "Gimme a sec, we'll get to that soon enough")
while this Pultec emulations sounded very good they had a shortcoming... they come in different flavours, and one has to choose if it's the midrange or the top and bottom end that is important right now....
NOW THE FullTec takes a different approach.... it combines the best aspects of different Pultec Flavours and combines them into one big amazing sounding Program EQ.
When working on the bass or the high frequencies you get seperate boost and attenuation controls which means you can use them both at the same time - now why would someone want to do that: well due to the architecure of the Pultecs those two knobs can cause subtle and sweet sounding phase shifts - which means you can get a different sound without changing the volume of the frequencies.
but it's a hard thing to describe it's really the best just to try it... well you'd need an iLok for that, since the demo version needs to be authorized. and while I have absolutely no problem with iLoks some users don't or don't have enough USB slots left.
anyway this beast really sounds wicked... and it looks even better than the BLT (the blue is sooo soothing)
All in all it is one of the smoothest & lushest EQs I have used so far.
It doesn't come with presets so it only gets one point in the category from me, but since it is so fun too use and EQ presets are pretty much worthless anyway it's a minor thing. if you still need some presets I'm happy to share the ones I came & come up with myself (which are in RTAS format btw).
sorry if I sound like a fanboy - I guess I just am. I love my FullTecRead more