Golden Uni-Pressor | GUP-1 is a general-purpose compressor made for tracking, mixing and mastering. It offers VCA and Opto models that can be run in a Warm or Smooth mode, and a Program Dependent Envelope (PDE) to decrease pumping and increase loudness. High and low cut filters in the side chain can be used to make frequency dependent compression. The compressed signal can be mixed with the uncompressed one, and that can be used to create upward compression.
Three versions are available: stereo, stereo with side chain, and mono with side chain. There is no latency, which makes this the ideal tool for real time performance in the studio or on stage.
- Feed forward VCA and Opto modeled compression.
- Smooth or Warm sound processing.
- PDE for maximum loudness and minimum pumping.
- Input Filter to remove sub-noise and DC.
- Side Chain Compression (Key In).
- Side Chain Filters and Listening button.
- Output Mix and Phase Inversion.
- A|B comparisons.
- Silent knobs and buttons.
- 64 Bit Internal Processing.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192kS/s.
- Full VST automation.
- Low CPU usage.
- No latency.
- Detailed Users Manual.