Guitar Gadgets is a compilation of "false" analog guitar pedal simulations, made to be used mainly with electric guitars and guitar amp simulations, but which may be sound interesting in any situation. The focus here wasn't to design classic effects, but weird, strange, ugly or "different" ones instead. The effects included are the following:
- Delay Attack: a delay effect which can be controlled by the way you attack the guitar strings.
- Super Phazor: a phaser effect with a feedback control.
- Niagara Falls: a bathroom / cathedral / Niagara Falls - like reverberation effect.
- The Crusher: an effect which brings only destruction and annihilation.
- Larsenator: a false larsen generator thanks to distortion and feedback.
- Combulator: a modulated comb filter effect.
- Miaou Miaou pedal: it's like a Wah Wah pedal, but it does "Miaou Miaou" instead.
- Microcassette: one particular tape recorder emulation, going a little too far maybe.
- Slicer: an effect which slices the sound from the guitar at any specified rate.
- Filtrator: a filter pedal effect like, based on the EMS VCS3 analog filter.
- Convolutor: a gadget to convolute weird sounds.
There is also a surprise somewhere (see the official thread on KVR forums for that !), some shiny animations, and a lot of fun I hope. Indeed, I tried to develop effects that are really amusing to use, and give sounds you don't often hear from your playing.
New with version 1.1.0 : now you can chain up to 4 gadgets in the same plug-in instance, and use the right click on any control to assign it to any MIDI Control Change (MIDI Learn). Moreover, you don't need anymore to play the easter egg game to unlock the HOT switch, even if doing so is still rewarding with new pedal skins.
New with version 1.2.0 : a preset system has been added with 2 new gadgets :
- Marshallizer: a guitar amp tonestack simulation.
- Little Leslie: an emulation of a rotating Leslie speaker.
New with version 1.3.0 : Sideways is a new auto-swell-like effect.
Guitar Gadgets is available on VST and AU formats (32/64-bits, Windows & Mac OS X).