The Imbibaphones library is a unique spin on the classic musical wine glass. The contents typically contained in wine glasses have provided inspiration for musicians since the first time the two were formally introduced. The wine glass became popular as a musical instrument in the 18th century. We decided to interpret this concept in our own particular way. Instead of just using a set of wine goblets, we also sampled tuned percussion and resonant sustains with a martini glass, champagne flute, and after one happy accident, a broken glass. We captured natural sustaining finger rubbed notes and soft mallet strikes for each type of glass. We then applied a variety of effects to create atmospheres, pads and effects.
Imbibaphones comes complete with a variety of GUI features to allow deep real-time performance shaping. Imbibaphones captures the complex resonances that occur during the sustaining notes of each glass as well as the full bell-like sounds of each glass being hit with a mallet. Most sustaining notes were recorded at three different speeds which can be faded between using the mod wheel. For version 2.0, we've fixed a variety of tuning issues and added a collection of expertly sound designed content created from the source material, featuring both short and looping articulations.
- 1 master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- 1.58 GB Installed.
- 823 Samples.
- 24-bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio.
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.