|Product||Little Spiral Generator|
|Type / Tags||Synthesiser3D Synthesis|
This is the first in a series of oscilloscope-music inspired products and pairs perfectly with PrettyScope. Spiral Generator uses an algorithm created by Jerobeam Fenderson. There will be more advanced 2D and 3D synthesizers released in the future for serious music production and sound design:
- Features Jerobeam Fenderson's very own algorithm which generates a fractal spiral that is infinitely zoomable by modulating the "Morph" parameter.
- All parameters automatable.
- Creates some mean vocal basses.
- Infinitely rotatable by modulating the "RotY" and "RotX" parameters.
- Use the "ZAmount" parameter to engage chaotic feedback, great for sound design and fx.
- 6 assignable LFOs.
- 5 Velocity-sensitive assignable ADSRs.
- 6 Assignable MIDI modulation sources.
- Selectable oversampling from 1x to 8x (I could increase that range if needed).
- Soft-clipper at the output will saturate the signal as you increase the output gain.
Reviewed By zippy731
July 16, 2017
Freakin' Beast Mode!
I spent a couple of weekends working with Spiral Generator for the One Synth Challenge. After figuring out what this is capable of, I'm in love. And Free.
This synth is not for the faint of heart, but if you invest the time you'll find it a serious add to the toolkit. Screaming leads, Metal basses, and all manner of chaos.
When learning, I'd recommend running audio through a vectorscope so you can see what is happening with the spirals, and also you can see the effect of the main parameters. Morph and Density are the main ones, and Z-Depth and Z-Amount are great for dirtying up any sound.
Awesome and innovative! Brilliant, unique sounds, SO much fun to get my tweak on.
9/10, only because it's a bit unstable in FL Studio for me.Read more