|Developer||Evil Turtle Productions|
|Type / Tags|
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Pentium III 1000MHz or better
- 256MB RAM or more
- Any VST2 or VST3 compatible host application (DAW)
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- 500MB RAM or more
- VST2 host (32-bit or 64-bit)
OldComms emulates three pieces of vintage military or government audio equipment:
- an amplifier that offers 40dB gain with loads of tube distortion when pushed, plus a tone control to boost/cut the mids and a noise reduction control that allows for a little noise to be mixed in, for that extra vintage vibe,
- a tone control which is a single parametric EQ that can boost/cut the set frequency and which also has automatic shelving filters to boost/cut the high and low end,
- a Limiter/Compressor based on the rare but very popular Maxson/Dept of Commerce compressor.
We have attempted to emulate an authentic sound for these three modules which results in a warmer tone, with the lower bandwidth and extra dirtiness audio equipment had back in those days. This makes OldComms excellent for things such as (distorted) guitars and distorted vocals.