|Developer||Evil Turtle Productions|
|Type / Tags|
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Pentium III 1000MHz or better
- 256MB RAM or more
- Any VST2 or VST3 compatible host application (DAW)
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- 500MB RAM or more
- VST2 host (32-bit or 64-bit)
OldComms emulates three pieces of vintage military or government audio equipment:
- an amplifier that offers 40dB gain with loads of tube distortion when pushed, plus a tone control to boost/cut the mids and a noise reduction control that allows for a little noise to be mixed in, for that extra vintage vibe,
- a tone control which is a single parametric EQ that can boost/cut the set frequency and which also has automatic shelving filters to boost/cut the high and low end,
- a Limiter/Compressor based on the rare but very popular Maxson/Dept of Commerce compressor.
We have attempted to emulate an authentic sound for these three modules which results in a warmer tone, with the lower bandwidth and extra dirtiness audio equipment had back in those days. This makes OldComms excellent for things such as (distorted) guitars and distorted vocals.
Reviewed By jedly
January 8, 2018
I LOVE OLDCOMMS a lot Great vintage sound great look use it in parallel with Ressoeq is real cool with the Ressoeq barely audible just adding a little extra colour and character gorgeous, the EQ/Filter is very different but real sweet when you get used to it, which doesn't take too long at all.
Stand alone a real plus add MIDI control and an AU version I'd be even more in love with it.