$19 / €19
|Type / Tags||PhaserSnapin|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Phaser will filter the input signal, creating a series of moving peaks and troughs in the audio spectrum.
Pretty much all the bad things with signal phase issues, but turned into an effect and labeled "cool":
- Order knob - A higher order setting will increase the order of the filters used by the phaser, creating a more pronounced effect with more peaks and troughs.
- Cutoff knob - Sets the cutoff of the filters in the phaser, moving the peaks and troughs in the audio spectrum.
- Depth knob - Adjusts the depth of modulation of the cutoff.
- Rate knob - Adjusts the rate of modulation of the cutoff.
- Spread knob - Adds a phase offset for the cutoff modulation between the left and right channels, for a stereo widening effect.
- Mix knob - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Phaser as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.).
Phaser shines on it's own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now.
Phaser is also available as a Rack Extension for Reason over at the Propellerhead shop.