|Type / Tags|
PRS SuperModels is a plug-in created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith, that models three high-end PRS guitar amps: the coveted PRS Archon; the PRS Dallas; and the "Formula One" of amps – the ultra-rare PRS Blue Sierra/V9.
Waves say these models authentically replicate every component of the three amplifiers. From tubes to circuitry, every detail was modeled, part by part, with the Waves team and Paul Reed Smith, who supplied Waves with the original amplifiers and full schematics.
Here's what they say:
- PRS Archon delivers a shimmering clean or aggressive overdrive; push it harder and you get glorious distortion. A serious pro amp with lush gain, the Archon is ideal for lead or for crunching rhythm, while also offering a clean channel that players of all genres will appreciate.
- PRS Blue Sierra/V9: Never-before-released even in its hardware form, this ultra-rare amp was originally created as a prototype that eventually became the original format for the PRS J-MOD 100. Evocative of Boutique American guitar amps, it is equally great for clean sounds and medium-gain overdrive tones. No matter the setting, you'll find it easy to get a big 3D sound and hard to get a bad one.
- PRS Dallas: The Dallas tube guitar amp provides the sounds of classic American reverb amps. The all-tube design produces an open 3D tone for huge-sounding cleans, or an overdriven sound with natural-sounding reverb. A highly musical amp design that was one of Doug Sewell's first entries in the world amp market, the Dallas offers sweet highs, solid lows and beautiful midrange tones.
Different size speakers produce different sounds. PRS SuperModels lets you choose from eight different speaker cabinet IRs (audio snapshots of speaker cabinets), captured by Paul Reed Smith and Waves at his dedicated personal studio, using his own proven high-end microphones and mic preamps.
As a bonus, you can add up to two of your favorite third-party IRs simultaneously. The plugin's innovative Phase Fix and Time Fix controls will automatically correct any phase or latency issues between the different IRs. The Smart Mix control will balance the perceived volume of IRs when you use two cabinets. An IR browser will automatically load and switch the IR, leaving you free for playing.
Each amp boasts two more helpful features not included in the original hardware amps: a tone-shaping boost for when you need that vital extra push that normally comes from a boost pedal, and a digital tuner for both standard and extended-range guitars. In addition, a special new noise gate is integrated, that senses at the input and gates at the output.
With three boutique amplifiers to choose from, PRS SuperModels places countless tone options at your fingertips. Whether you are playing rock, jazz, country, metal, blues or any other genre, this amp plugin aims to cover all your guitar-playing needs.
- Modeling of 3 top-of-the-line PRS amplifiers: Archon, Dallas, Blue Sierra / V9.
- Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith.
- Eight speaker cabinet IRs with automatic IR browser.
- Noise gate to filter out amp noise and hiss.
- Auto-gain control for maximum performance.
- Unique tone-shaping boost not featured in the hardware amps.
- Digital tuner sensitive to standard & extended-range guitars.
- Smart Mix, Phase Fix & Time Fix controls for perfectly matching 2 cabinets.
- Use as a plugin in your DAW or as a standalone application.
- Designed for studio, home and live playing (with laptop and audio interface).
- SoundGrid-compatible for ultra-low-latency performance.