Roundtone is a stereo/mono tape emulation software. It adds typical tape recording interesting side-effects to every audio track:
- Useful on single tracks (mono/stereo) and on submixes/mixes.
- Very light on CPU and latency-free, adds punch, color and gently compresses the sound.
- Includes several algorithms (different tape, saturation curve, color, response).
- "Emphasis" control adds color while preserving the high frequencies.
- Includes an optional 2nd stage of saturation (head).
- v.3: New "Bright Formula" and "Lo-Fi" algorithms.
- v.3: Stereo Tape Delay.
- v.3: Wow and Flutter.
- v.3: Noise.
We expanded it. The great sound of Roundtone, with its tape saturation and natural smoothing of transients is untouched. We added lots of details and some great features on top of it:
Speed control. From 30 inches per second (ips) down to almost zero.
Several tape formulae. Various responses are achieved by replacing the reels.
Bias control. We separated the background noise from the actual working level: bias becomes a wide palette of responses.
Don't touch those reels. Manually brake the motors to affect the reading from tape speed.
New Wow and Flutter mode, with a Fast option (proportional to speed).
New Spread flange mode. Two independent channels are sent to left and right sides, for a widening effect based on tape.
Enhanced synch delay to tempo mode, with dedicated buttons for fractions_of_measure fast settings.