Syntorus 2 is described as a Triple Path Analog Chorus and designed to provide a rich analogue sounding chorus, similar to the effect found on classic synthesizers like the Solina, Synthex or Juno.
Analogue Delay Line
The delay line module is the most important part of any chorus unit. To give Syntorus its character, D16 implemented a precise model of a high-quality analogue delay line and projected this into the digital domain. The plugin also gives you a choice of two BBD delay line models: by default, the chorus features "ideal" BBD modelling, but activating Analog BBD Emulation adds extra analog character to the signal.
Three delay lines
Most chorus effect units use just a single delay, but Syntorus features three analog delay lines to provide richer sound.
Syntorus' three LFO generators serve as modulation sources, routed to the delay lines in a number of switchable topologies.
Filter and tremolo
Each delay line has a multimode filter and a tremolo effect built in, both governed by the same modulation sources as the delay time. It allows to make convincing Leslie sounds, especially when delay modulation is used to simulate the directional characteristic and Doppler effect of a rotating speaker. The tremolo can be employed on its own or added to the modulated delay line for creating even more dynamic sounds.
Each LFO can be independently synchronized to the host DAW, enabling the rate to be set in musical note values at project tempo. Additionally the phase is also perfectly synchronized to the playhead position within a music project, ensuring that chorus always sounds exactly as it should at any point on the timeline.
- High-quality analog BBD delay line emulation.
- 3 delay lines, each one featuring:
- Multimode filter.
- Tremolo effect.
- 3 LFO generators, each one featuring:
- 6 waveforms.
- Timeline-locked tempo sync.
- Independent phase shift controls for left and right channels with link option.
- Amplitude control with invert option.
- 3 LFO-to-delay-line routing configurations.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Tag-based preset browser.
- Three GUI scaling options.
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout.