TB BusCompressor is a very transparent, all-round dynamics processor designed to be able to handle everything from single tracks to complex, full mixes. Even with ultra-short attack and release settings, harmonic distortion is extremely low (often better than -150 dB re FS*), and CPU load is typically below 0.5% (depending on hardware).
Besides the conventional controls for threshold, ratio, attack and release, TB BusCompressor features a variable soft knee, a dry/wet mixer for New York / parallel compression, a dedicated 'upward compression' mode, and an auto-release mode. Furthermore, the amount of bass fed into the side chain / level detector can be adjusted as well in a dedicated 'expert settings' menu.
*Measured with a 1-kHz sinusoidal test signal sampled at 44.1 kHz, shortest attack and release settings, and dynamic release option set to 100%.
- Transparent compressor suitable for a wide range of audio material.
- Auto-release mode, and variable 'dynamic release' operation.
- Upward and downward compression modes.
- New York style / parallel compression supported by integrated dry/wet mixer.
- Ability to change relative sensitivity to noisy and tonal input components.
- Unique compressor 'hold' control expressed in cycles.
- Auto, adaptive, and hysteresis controls for compressor release.
- High-quality mode.
- Mid-side mode.
- Very light on the CPU.
- Visual indication of effective compressor curve, including effect of dry/wet mixing.