Cakewalk has announced the release of the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module. Faithfully modeled after one of the most sought after studio compressors in history, the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier puts the silky, smooth sound of this highly desirable hardware unit right into SONAR X1 Producer Expanded's ProChannel – at a fraction of the cost.
Since the 1960s, professional engineers have relied on the unique characteristics of this electro-optical tube-based compressor to work its magic on all kinds of sources, including guitars, bass, pads, and especially vocals. Previously only available to big studios that could afford these "all tube" units, the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier lets you wield this legendary sonic weapon in your own studio, on your own tracks. With only a few simple controls, it's easy to use and provides instant gratification with professional results.
- Silky smooth – Get the smooth, warm sound heard on so many classic recordings and the signature dynamics compressor used on countless vocal tracks.
- Modeled to a T – Tube design and T4 circuitry have been meticulously modeled to retain the characteristic sound of the original hardware unit.
- Dual modes – "Fast Reset" mode allows for a faster wake-up time and avoids the initial pop while "Classic" mode sticks to the true emulation, and responds like the original hardware.
- R37 screw – Just like in the hardware, turning the screw controls how much compression is applied to high-frequency content, such as vocal sibilance.
- Zero-latency performance – Allows for real-time monitoring and tracking of any source material including vocals.
- Modern conveniences – Run natively in 32-bit or 64-bit environments with 64-bit double precision audio fidelity.
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded delivers fully modular capability to the ProChannel and is required to use PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module.
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded's ProChannel console strip already provides a number of options to get pro-studio sound in the box with its highly musical QuadCurve EQ, PC76 U-Type/classic FET and PC4K S-Type bus compressors, tube saturation, and flexible drag & drop routing. ProChannel strips can be customized to have any combination of installed modules available on any channel and favorite combinations can be set as default for tracks and busses. Learn more about SONAR X1 Producer Expanded's ProChannel.
Availability & Pricing
SONAR X1 Producer Expanded customers can purchase PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier Module download for $79 / £59 / €69 (VAT inclusive) from the Cakewalk store.
For more information visit the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier page.
20 Dec 2012 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ for Mac to v2.1.1
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk
06 Mar 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X1d update
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk announces SONAR X1d update
05 Oct 2011 Cakewalk updates Z3TA+ to v2.1
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
21 Mar 2012 Roland unveils Jupiter-50 Synthesizer
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206