22nd December 2011
Renoise has been updated to version 2.8 BETA, adding 64-bit support for all platforms and workflow improvements.
Full 64-bit Support:
- 64-bit versions for all platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Plug-in bridge allows 32-bit plug-ins to be used within 64-bit Renoise.
- Full Rewire 64-bit support.
Reworked Pattern Matrix with Slot Aliases:
- Alias individual pattern slots in the matrix, i.e. treat them like clips.
- Edit one slot and have changes propagate to all other aliases.
- Quickly clone or alias slots by dragging their edges.
- Use section headers to group parts of the song together.
Track Groups & Collapsing:
- Group tracks into logical units, collapse them for better overview.
- Flexible routing of group tracks.
- Collapsed tracks use minimal space, while still providing a quick overview.
- Pattern effects in groups will affect all member tracks simultaneously.
- Automatically collapse all tracks except the one you are focussing on.
- Color code tracks with adjustable background colors.
DSP Effects and Meta Devices:
- New DSP Multitap delay for spaced out filtered echo madness.
- New DSP Repeater for st-st-st-stuttery goodness.
- New DSP Exciter to make your mixes sparkle.
- New Meta Mixer allowing blending of modulation signals into one output.
- Improved EQs with bigger graphs and all values can be automated.
- Improved Send devices, which can now be individually panned.
- New and improved crossover filters for the Multi Send device.
- Left & right channels can be edited separately.
- Zoom level & current selection are remembered per sample.
- Significantly faster sample loading.
- Destructively render slices to individual samples.
- Improved keyboard and mouse selection handling.
- Improved marker and waveform display visibility.
- New and improved processing tools (mute selection, insert silence, invert phase, swap stereo channels and cross-fading loop creator).
- Improved Spectrum View.
- New Phase Correlation Meter in Phase Scope.
- Side-by-side comparison of two tracks in the spectrum view.
- New drawing modes: Filled Curve, Bar and Spectrogram.
- Configurable frequency scaling, precision, peak fall rate, and slope.
- Pattern effects in the master or group tracks will affect all member tracks.
- Up to 34 DSP devices can be addressed via pattern commands 1xyy-Yxyy.
- New pattern effects: Tremolo, Auto Pan, Set Envelope Position.
- Logical mnemonics for pattern effects from A to Z instead of cryptic numbers.
- Hyper-threading support for new Intel i5 and i7 CPUs and others.
- Various audio engine speed optimizations for all platforms.
Other Workflow Improvements:
- New Favorites system for plug-ins and native DSP devices.
- Expandable and detachable Envelope Editor.
- Memorize last used bank/preset paths per plug-in.
- Automatically name rendered songs/patterns.
- Right-side modifier keys are no longer hard-coded.
- Finer control over note distribution when dragging samples into keyzones.
- Improved color picker with saveable swatches.
- Context menus overhauled and made more consistent.
Pricing & Availability
Renoise beta versions are exclusive to registered users. The price of Renoise remains the same: €58 for any or all three platforms. Everyone who buys Renoise 2.8 before the final version, will get free upgrades up until and including version 3.8.
19 Mar 2012 Renoise 2.8 Final released
13 May 2011 Renoise 2.7 Released
21 Dec 2010 Renoise updated to v2.6.1
05 Nov 2010 Renoise 2.6 Released - Script Everything
09 Mar 2010 Renoise v2.5 released
17 Dec 2009 Renoise v2.5 Beta Now Available
27 May 2009 Renoise updated to v2.1
05 Jan 2009 Renoise 2.0 Release Candidate 2 released
05 Dec 2008 Renoise v2.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available
15 Sep 2008 Renoise v2.0 announced (Beta available)
04 Feb 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 released (incl. Linux version)
17 Jan 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 beta released, with Linux Port
06 Nov 2007 Renoise v1.9 released
05 Mar 2007 Renoise version 1.8 released