22nd December 2011
Renoise has been updated to version 2.8 BETA, adding 64-bit support for all platforms and workflow improvements.
Full 64-bit Support:
- 64-bit versions for all platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Plug-in bridge allows 32-bit plug-ins to be used within 64-bit Renoise.
- Full Rewire 64-bit support.
Reworked Pattern Matrix with Slot Aliases:
- Alias individual pattern slots in the matrix, i.e. treat them like clips.
- Edit one slot and have changes propagate to all other aliases.
- Quickly clone or alias slots by dragging their edges.
- Use section headers to group parts of the song together.
Track Groups & Collapsing:
- Group tracks into logical units, collapse them for better overview.
- Flexible routing of group tracks.
- Collapsed tracks use minimal space, while still providing a quick overview.
- Pattern effects in groups will affect all member tracks simultaneously.
- Automatically collapse all tracks except the one you are focussing on.
- Color code tracks with adjustable background colors.
DSP Effects and Meta Devices:
- New DSP Multitap delay for spaced out filtered echo madness.
- New DSP Repeater for st-st-st-stuttery goodness.
- New DSP Exciter to make your mixes sparkle.
- New Meta Mixer allowing blending of modulation signals into one output.
- Improved EQs with bigger graphs and all values can be automated.
- Improved Send devices, which can now be individually panned.
- New and improved crossover filters for the Multi Send device.
- Left & right channels can be edited separately.
- Zoom level & current selection are remembered per sample.
- Significantly faster sample loading.
- Destructively render slices to individual samples.
- Improved keyboard and mouse selection handling.
- Improved marker and waveform display visibility.
- New and improved processing tools (mute selection, insert silence, invert phase, swap stereo channels and cross-fading loop creator).
- Improved Spectrum View.
- New Phase Correlation Meter in Phase Scope.
- Side-by-side comparison of two tracks in the spectrum view.
- New drawing modes: Filled Curve, Bar and Spectrogram.
- Configurable frequency scaling, precision, peak fall rate, and slope.
- Pattern effects in the master or group tracks will affect all member tracks.
- Up to 34 DSP devices can be addressed via pattern commands 1xyy-Yxyy.
- New pattern effects: Tremolo, Auto Pan, Set Envelope Position.
- Logical mnemonics for pattern effects from A to Z instead of cryptic numbers.
- Hyper-threading support for new Intel i5 and i7 CPUs and others.
- Various audio engine speed optimizations for all platforms.
Other Workflow Improvements:
- New Favorites system for plug-ins and native DSP devices.
- Expandable and detachable Envelope Editor.
- Memorize last used bank/preset paths per plug-in.
- Automatically name rendered songs/patterns.
- Right-side modifier keys are no longer hard-coded.
- Finer control over note distribution when dragging samples into keyzones.
- Improved color picker with saveable swatches.
- Context menus overhauled and made more consistent.
Pricing & Availability
Renoise beta versions are exclusive to registered users. The price of Renoise remains the same: €58 for any or all three platforms. Everyone who buys Renoise 2.8 before the final version, will get free upgrades up until and including version 3.8.