14th March 2011
A beta version of Renoise 2.7 is now available for downloads. Version 2.7 transitions from the developer-heavy focus of the previous release to more musical concerns such as Sampling, Instruments, Automation, and Native DSPs.
As part of a beta promotion, Renoise 2.7 is available at €40 for new users. Already registered? You can bump your version for €32 in the Backstage.
Main new features include:
- Renoise's internal instruments have been re-engineered. The focal point is a new keyzone editor that supports overlapping, velocity, and key release mappings. The Sample Keyzones editor brings with it user interface refinements, improved drumkit generation, better tuning options, new sample properties, and loop modes. Live instrumentalists can also tap into new realtime rendering modes and MIDI input routing, making Renoise on a laptop a formidable replacement for your old sampler.
- New Slice Markers push Renoise's breakbeat insanity one step further. With the click of a button, your break is sliced and keymapped. Amens away. More than just a beatslicer, creatives will soon discover custom offsets and the power of aliases for controlling longer recordings like vocals and soundscapes.
- The revamped Automation Editor now provides a zoomable overview of the entire song, as well as vastly improved envelope resolution. Navigating is smooth, dragging and drawing easier, so simple yet so useful.
- Internal FX get "an injection of winning" with a new Comb Filter and a Multiband Send that lets you surgically redirect a single sound source to 3 send tracks. New draggable gain and frequency handles in the native EQs add flavour and finesse to the tools.
- Other changes include improvements to DSSI, MIDI optimizations, hardware-compatible solo mode, adjustable audio headroom, pre-count, ameliorations to the Lua API, and numerous other changes in every aspect of the app; no stone was left unturned in this release.
Full change-log with screenshots here.
19 Mar 2012 Renoise 2.8 Final released
13 May 2011 Renoise 2.7 Released
21 Dec 2010 Renoise updated to v2.6.1
05 Nov 2010 Renoise 2.6 Released - Script Everything
09 Mar 2010 Renoise v2.5 released
17 Dec 2009 Renoise v2.5 Beta Now Available
27 May 2009 Renoise updated to v2.1
05 Jan 2009 Renoise 2.0 Release Candidate 2 released
05 Dec 2008 Renoise v2.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available
15 Sep 2008 Renoise v2.0 announced (Beta available)
04 Feb 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 released (incl. Linux version)
17 Jan 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 beta released, with Linux Port
06 Nov 2007 Renoise v1.9 released
05 Mar 2007 Renoise version 1.8 released