EQ Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

My own favorites beside those in Live 9 are Stillwell VibeEQ and PSP NobleQ.

The last two have their own "character" so maybe are the wrong choices for a "neutral" EQ.

At the moment i am mostly using NobleQ. This could really boost up the low end of almost any synth and the additional Tube at the output stage (could be turned off) could give some great results too.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Kaboom75 wrote:DMG Audio EQuilibrium is what I use.

Slate Digital is bringing out two vintage channel strip EQ that comes in a rack thing and it will allow you to slide in compressors that come with it and slide VCC into it.
And slide in an iLok 2 along with it. Thank you very much, but no thanks.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Equality and Equick are the two EQ's I use religiously.

If I want character EQ's I use IKM's pultec emu's and Nomad Factorys BT EQ's.

Started using Nebula's factory EQ's too. Not sure what they are based on, but they sound nice. Not hard on CPU either.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Arrested Developer wrote: Sorry, but this kind of post somehow irritates me.
You are doing "some research" on EQ Plug ins.
And while doing this "research" the fact doesn't irritate you, that the "Waves Mercury Native Bundle"-EQ costs around
4.500 Euros?
And your research didn't reveal the fact that the Mercury-EQ in fact is a huge bundle of lots of plug ins?

If you want an answer to your question:
if you are really willing to "spend" about 4.500 Euros on a Software you oblivously do not understand completely, maybe go for some youtube tutorials on EQ-ing. If you know what you're doing with your EQ it's not that important which one you use. You can achieve absolutely fantastic results without spending thousands of Euros.

That was my same question . Why does Native -EQ cost so much ?
My research was just about the plugins and not the cost .. I found Native rated very good in many websites .

If you know what you're doing with your EQ it's not that important which one you use.
We all own (in all forms of the word) TENS of EQ.

We tend to try to justify their existence in our arsenal but the sad truth is that 9 out of 10 time, people won't have a clue as to WHY they prefer one over the other.

I own EQalibrium. why ? because I have EQuality (and later EQuick). and I have EQuality because Dave's track record.

Its interface is really great (one of a kind, if you ask me) but had I bought EQuality and EQuick, it was too expensive for me.

Lost story short, I'd say one should stick with the stock (hey, I made up a slogan ! :P ) or free ones. they are enough for your needs.

Should you need more (because they are not enough or because you are infected with the GAS) - buy more.

But only then.

what is it that your current eq isn't doing for you? answer that, and suddenly, the list to consider will probably shrink considerably.

Before diving into EQ plugins make sure that your monitoring situation is as accurate as your budget allows. The finest equalizers on the planet are nothing if what you're hearing isn't right.

I only read the original post, but I would highly recommend Gliss EQ. It's probably the most useful EQ I own.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

The dmg eqs great features plus really great sound clean and smooth nebulas for some extra color rest is all not worst not better

AudioGuy720 wrote:Before diving into EQ plugins make sure that your monitoring situation is as accurate as your budget allows. The finest equalizers on the planet are nothing if what you're hearing isn't right.
Everybody repeat this 48000 times. :)

kylen wrote:
AudioGuy720 wrote:Before diving into EQ plugins make sure that your monitoring situation is as accurate as your budget allows. The finest equalizers on the planet are nothing if what you're hearing isn't right.
With OS of X2 (or X8 ?) :hihi:

Tp3 wrote:
kylen wrote:
With OS of X2 (or X8 ?) :hihi:
:tu:
X2 should be sufficient...

I hope this isn't too far off topic considering these threads usually are just for people citing what they own....

I struggle sometimes deciding on which "type" of eq I should use. I've got so many good ones. Maag eq is considered a "character" eq right? But even with it's fixed frequencies, it's not hard to get a good sound from it. But that isn't always what I'm looking for. I like some of the built in eq's I have from hosts, but I'd like to stay with something I can use repeatedly w/o it being host dependent.

I've gotten away from "graphic" eq's (graphic meaning visually graphic in this case) and more with things like the "solid mix" eq. I generally don't need many bands and have gotten away from worrying about how steep a HP/LP curve is and just using that for what it's intended. A reasonable q setting and dial in the freq I want.

This is mostly just chatting, but I think that with these threads it's important to know what they task you wish to achieve is vs simply "what's the best"

hibidy wrote:This is mostly just chatting, but I think that with these threads it's important to know what they task you wish to achieve is vs simply "what's the best"
Not only this, it also depends on the music you make. If you make trash metal or hard rock music you might prefer an other EQ than if you make ambiente and chill-out music...

hibidy wrote:I hope this isn't too far off topic considering these threads usually are just for people citing what they own....
Its not only these threads... its EVERY thread that concerns one's wish to get a recommendation for some gear :

- "Can you please suggest a FREE easy compressor ?"
- "Waves"
- "The Glue !"
- "DC8C"
- "Sixty Five"
- "Cubase 7.06. it has a great comp !"
- "Logic's comp is beautiful !"
- "Pro-Tools comp is PRO !"
- "LP SplitComp. it's from Algoritlix. they are just like WikiLix : they spread out the good $hit !"
- "Its 1252. euros !!!"
- "Yes, but it's the best, man ! it has Sci-Chai"
- "What's that ?"
- "It's like Side-Chain, but better. it like topology.... but with saturation"
- "Ain't that right ?...:-o "

- "Hey dude, try the EMT 140... man, this things ROX !!!"
- "but it's not a comp..."
- "yes but you asked for a suggestion, an man... this thing will make you beats PHAATTTT. olso try an EQ with hi-cut at 20000Hz (its near by nyqueen. nyqueen is like putting a crown on you audio !) and THEN... lo-cut everything at 0Hz. dude, them beats will make you wanna cry afterwards. you ain't heard this kind of bass !!!!"

:hihi:

Although humorous, the above is not so far from the truth... (you are more then welcomed to check...)

hibidy wrote:This is mostly just chatting, but I think that with these threads it's important to know what they task you wish to achieve is vs simply "what's the best"
Na... it's just GAS at all its glory.

Return to “Effects”